Scrappy Carp Blog

Scrappy Carp Blog
Seize the Day!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Throw Back Thursday, Summer Inspiration

I am just about always living in the past, I love retro (most things), mid century modern and now some of the more wilder side of groovy 60's and 70's.... Yes I said the 70's what is not to love?  Thick chunky platform shoes, macramé, large psychedelic flowers, large rimmed dramatic sunglasses and lots of beads.  I thought I would do a throw back Thursday that celebrated summer!  This is how I remember (well maybe not, I am one of the two babies in the picture) Family Summer Camping trips. This photo is circa 1975
I think I will leave much of the hair and the not so well fitting shorts, but you got to love those lawn chairs!


And finally some illustrations based on my retro summer inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment